Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh my...moment in mothering!

I had something happen a few weeks ago that I am sure I will never forget.  In fact, I feel quite sure that it is a story that my girls will grow up hearing and will laugh or roll their eyes at one day.  On the particular morning Ella was on the bed watching Dora, Eliza was in her swing chillin (can you believe she will still swing at almost 12m...I can't)  anyways...I was finally jumping in the shower at almost 10 am.

I was showering when Ella came in and said, "Mommy sissy has poo-poo!"  I said, "Okay Ella, mommy is almost done and I will check her when I get out."  I figured she was grunting or something and continued to finish my shower.  I few seconds later Ella ran in again and said, "Mommy sissy really has poo-poo!"  At that moment I knew it must be bad!  

I jumped out of the shower and my precious, sweet, and wonderful little Eliza had pooped out of her diaper all in her swing and was PLAYING in it! These pictues really do not do it justice or maybe it just seemed so much worse than it really was.  It was on her hands, arms, legs, between toes...and it was drying!  YUCK!


































Notice the cheerios!!  I am thankful she wasn't eating them...or at least I don't think she did!



















I am sure if you are a mom there is a big chance that you might have had a similar situation occur.  I used a whole thing of wipes, threw the onesie away, soaked the swing cover, Clorox wiped it to death...and then used tons on Lysol.  Little missy also had her a good long soakin!!  (It was even under her little fingernails)!  This was an oh my moment I will never forget! 
All clean again!! 

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

Funniest thing I have read all week! Glad you survived. My fave bodily function comes from Ellison peeing on Thomas in the tub & him thinking she was pouring water on his back! Thank the Lord we have these kids to keep us laughing!