Monday, September 20, 2010

Eliza's 1st Birthday Party

On Saturday we celebrated Miss Eliza's first Birthday.  She will be one this Wednesday.  I went all out for Ella's first birthday, and I was determined that I would do it all for Eliza too.  Eliza is such a special little girl.  She is truly a blessing to our family and we are so thankful that the Lord gave her to us.  We are so thankful for her health and that the Lord had His hand on her throughout a few rough spots in my pregnancy with her. 

I will never forget how on January 30, 2009, I began major hemorrhaging (sorry if that is way, way TMI...but it was reality).  I was only about 5 weeks pregnant and had just had a miscarriage the month before at 10 weeks.  I thought for sure that I was miscarrying again.  My doctor also thought that I was too.  It was too early to see much on ultrasound except that there was a fetal sac.  I was told to lay low and wait.  A week later I went back to have another ultrasound and there on the screen was our precious little peanut with a nice strong heartbeat. 

I was diagnosed with intrauterine growth restriction at 35 1/2 weeks and spent some time on bed rest as we prayed that my placenta would hold up and give Eliza enough nutrients so that she could grow some more.  She did and was born weighing 5lbs 15oz. 

The party was hot (it was outside) and mommy was exhausted from all my baking, crafting and cleaning.  But none the less I tried my very best to celebrate our sweet little e. 

She is truly the sweetest little thing and we praise God for her.

No comments: