Monday, September 6, 2010

Eliza's 11 month post....now that she is almost one!

I cannot for the life of me believe that my Eliza is almost one.  Maybe that is part of my delay in writing this post.  Now that we are about two weeks from her big day...I figured I better!!  To be honest part of me is really sad that she is moving closer to toddler hood!  I think I realize now more than I did with Ella, that they don't stay little for long.  I think I am also realizing that I may only "try" to do the baby thing one more time, and that really makes me sad. 



















At 11 months Eliza is busy and moving.  She is cruising on everything including the walls.  She is taking steps...three at a time is about her limit.  She loves walking and pushing our baby strollers and tries to climb in and on things (baby highchair, Ella's bike, kiddie chairs).  Oh yea and she loves crawling under our end tables.  She is keeping us on our toes! 














She can say mama, Dada, papa, and Ella.  I love to hear her call for Ella.  It is the cutest thing!  I think her favorite part of the day is going into Ella's room when she wakes up from her nap (Eliza is always up before Ella).  She gets so excited to see her big sissy! 

 Eliza is still a wonderful eater. She eats whatever she is offered right now and it is a blessing.  I am sure she will go through a picky stage, but for now she is loving her food.  I no longer feel stressed about her size since she is eating so well.  This is a relief for me. 

Eliza is still super attached to her pink blankie square.  She has also recently started exerting her little will.  She often gets frustrated with her sister, and she lets us all know about it.  I do have to say that the majority of the time it is warranted...esp. when her sissy takes her precious pink blankie square and runs. 


















She has been more clingy lately and has turned into a major daddy's girl.  From the time Kev walks in the door, she wants him!! He better not try to put her down or she is not happy.  I love seeing the special relationship that they are growing. 


















So, the party is set...invitations are printed and soon my Eliza Anne will be one!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Julie, I can totally relate to your post! I'm having major issues concerning Raegan getting older. We may try only one more time too, and I'm wanting to cling to the baby stage. I'm not ready for her to grow up! Glad to know I'm not the only one with those same feelings.

Hailey Burns said...

LOVE the invitations and theme!!

Mollie said...

I arrived to your blog from a link up on another post!

Your girls and your story are both just precious. I just had to comment that I have an Eliza, too! She turned one Aug. 28th--it's such an unusual and beautiful name, and I love to recognize it.

Enjoyed reading!