Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's Better???

...Than one little girl in striped and polka-dotted footed pajamas???



Answer: Two little girls in striped and polka-dotted footed pajamas!






"Sissy, you okay?"



We had such a great time at the Walk for Life this past Saturday. It was a great event that was well coordinated. There were tons of families there and people of all ages. It was a bumpy 2 mile walk on a neat trail through the woods. As the walk started they had an awesome band playing some praise music. I couldn't help but fight back the tears as I thanked God for what he has done for us. I guess my face looked not so happy and my sunglasses were hiding my eyes because one of the male event coordinators said, "Come On, Look happy!" I was happy, just having a little moment! Obviously, he had no clue who we were or what the day or walk meant to our family personally! Thanks so much to all our family and friends who felt led to donate to this ministry. Our little family raised $250 in just a few short days. We are hoping to raise more next year as well as bring along friends and family to participate with us!

Ella with her purple balloon! (I am happy to report that we now know our colors...but she still calls red Mickey's car red!)

Eliza at the Walk! She got carried in my sling for most of the walk because it was quite bumpy! She didn't mind!



I have a huge praise! I have said over and over how I have been stressed about my girls getting sick, swine flu, and etc. Well , low and behold who gets sick! Kev and I! I started with a cold last Monday and have coughed and sneezed my head off! I can't tell you the last time I had a cold like this. (Thankfully not the flu!) I prayed with every cough and sneeze that my girls would stay well! I mean they were covered quite literally in my germs! The Lord is teaching me once again that He does hear my prayers! So far they have both stayed perfectly well ! It is nothing quite short of a miracle. I know that they will get sick, but just knowing that they didn't when they were so exposed to sickness has helped me to be less worried.


Also, the doctor appointments that have caused me to worry were fine! Thank you Lord!


And ella now knows her sissy's name! Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Soooo cute! I wish I could jump through the computer screen and gives those girlies a big hug! Eliza is getting so big. I can hardly stand not seeing her yet! I am seeing more resemblance to her big sis! So glad she now knows her name...I hope she won't go back to calling her Titus after our visit!!

The Carters said...

So glad Eliza is no longer Titus :) Glad you were able to raise so much money for the walk. $250 is awesome!

Ellen said...

Two precious girls.