Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sick!

It has been a rough well...almost 2 months at the gio house! Someone in our house has been sick since Sept. 4. I remember this date only because we were out of town for a friends wedding and ella got sick while there. Since then Kevin got a cold, I got bronchitis and cold induced asthma, ella had a mild cold, then ella got a stomach virus which lasted eight days and consisted of about 7-9 diarrhea diapers a day, which led to a horrible diaper rash, which then she took another cold just as the diarrhea ended.....(sorry for this run-on) then on Sunday she was diagnosed with pneumonia, and now Kevin and I are taking a cold...AGAIN! I can't tell you how ready I am for us to be well. I keep reminding myself that these are all minor illness that can be easily treated. I keep telling myself that there are many moms who would give anything for their child to just have diarrhea or a cold. Trying to keep perspective...as we all so ready to feel better! Thankfully we got a good report at the doctor today on ella and it seems the meds are helping her little lungs to fight the infection! Thank you Lord!

On a happier note my sis, Joy delivered her 4th baby early last Thursday. I was able to put ella to bed and head to the hospital in time for the delivery and even be back at home before Kev and ella woke up! Let me tell you she just popped that little guy out..I think she was only there about 3 hours before he arrived! He is so cute! Unfortunately we are staying away since we are all sick again. Hopefully soon Little Andrew can meet his cousin ella. I think she will be amazed at him and I know I am going to have to watch her every second since she LOVES her baby dolls. She may think Andrew is a new baby doll aunt joy bought her.

No comments: