Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reminiscing on your First Year!


Ready or not here we come!


Meeting Ella for the first time!


Day 2...we were so in love with you!


Ella's Home


Dear Ella,
Tomorrow you will turn one! I can't believe that our first year together has already gone. I rememeber last Oct. 7 daddy and I went to church and then ate at Rio Grande for our last outing without you. We were so anxious and excited for your arrival. We had everything at home clean and ready for your big arrival (my type A personality along with nesting led to a very clean house)! I was so worried that I wouldn't sleep a wink the night befoere, but God answered our prayer and daddy and I both slept until the alarm went off. We got up and got ready...we had to be at the hospital at 7am for my induction.

God answered so many prayers on the day of your birth. First and foremost..we prayed fervently for a healthy child and you arrived very healthy. We prayed that my doc. would get to deliver you...as she had walked with us through my pregnancy with Samuel and knew our fears and concerns...and she did get to deliver you. We prayed that I'd have a smooth delivery without complications and we did...faster than we ever imagined! We prayed that you'd come our crying and have your eyes open....these were so important to me as we never got to hear you brother's sweet cry or see him open his eyes. God answered those prayers as you came out crying and with your eyes wide open. Daddy and I had never heard a sweeter sound than the sound of your sweet cry! Daddy and I couldn't believe that we actually got to keep you...take you home, and love you. I think we said a million times...I can't believe she is ours!

Ella, you are such a gift to me. I cherish your little life and I thank God for blessing me with you. You have filled a place in my heart that was hurt...so lonely... and so wanting to be a mommy. Your life has reminded me that God loves me, He has a plan for me, and He knows my desires even better than I do.

I pray that you will continue to grow strong and healthy. I pray that your heart...even now will become sensitive to the things of the Lord. I pray that you will come to know Jesus in a real and personal way at a young age and that you'll live for Him your entire life. I pray that you will find God's plan for your life. I pray for your future...that God will guide and direct you each step of the way as He has my life.

Happy Birthday! Mommy Loves You!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow.. I think that day is firmly imbeded in my memory!! I can remember sitting in my theatre class telling the entire class my sister is in LABOR!!! Oh did I fly through my test that day!! What a gift Ella is.. so beautiful and sweet. She has such an innocent unassuming face even at this young age. I remember walking by the nursery (they were putting you under a heating lamp) and not knowing it was you... I thought, that baby looks like a little doll! IT WAS YOU!

I pray as well that her heart will be tender toward Christ and that she will follow hard after him!! Sweet Ella girl.. we love you so much and I wish I could pull out the baby dolls tomorrow and celebrate with you! What a little mommy you already are!! Know we love you and pray for you as well (as we do with all the cousins)!

Love,

Aunt (Shesha) and Uncle RyRy (be sure to call him tha your entire life.. haha) :)