Monday, February 20, 2012

My Funny Little Valentines!

I love Valentine's Day. Most likely because I love red and pink heart tights and dresses, little pink sprinkles scattered ALL over our kitchen floor (well..maybe not), and because it is a normal day that we get to make a little extra special. This year I started a new Valentine tradition adapted from one of my sisters. I made each member of our family their own home-made valentine. On each I wrote a personal letter to them telling them all the things I love about them and they ways they are uniquely special to me. Kev read each valentine out-loud while they ate a very special valentine breakfast (a doughnut)! I loved watching each of their faces light up as they heard them. Definitely a new valentine tradition we will keep!








3 comments:

carissa said...

eli has grown so much since i took the pictures! he's so handsome! you have some pretty cute valentines, if i do say so myself!

Lisa Sandler said...

I am terrible at coming up with cute little gifty things. I may steal this idea for next year. My love language isn't one that is receiving gifts so I feel like I do a terrible job of giving them! The kids are so adorable!! I love how super cute Eli is!!!!!

Mary Catherine said...

what a sweet sweet tradition! :) I will most definitely have to steal that one for next year. Thank you for the thoughtful message you left on my blog awhile back. :) I have loved reading through all of your posts, and you are right that our 2011's were very similar! I have been and will continue to pray for you and your family, that the Lord will bless you and draw you closer to Him in 2012! :)