Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 Recap

This year I am so thankful for many things.  Last Thanksgiving my life was in a really good place.  I was in my best shape physically due to really getting committed to running.  We had two healthy and beautiful little girls.  We had two "nice" paid off cars.  Kev had a good job and life was good.  Last thanksgiving I was very thankful for all that the Lord had blessed us with, but this year I feel my gratitude is even greater. 

The suffering that 2011 has brought has led my heart to overflowing gratefulness.  I am so thankful that God blessed us with another child.  I am so thankful that Kevin survived his horrible wreck in July.  I am so thankful to be at home and get to tuck my sweeties in their beds every night and not still in the hospital.  I am so thankful that even though Eli has lots of challenges ahead I can see the Lord's hand in his little life.

Just one little example is that in the past four months, Eli has been unable to bare any weight on his little legs.  Over the past few weeks he is beginning to be able to bare a little weight (when held up of course).  His little legs will give way and then he will push up through his knees.  I cannot tell you how proud it makes me.  I am still eagerly praying that one day I will see his little toes begin to move....for nothing is impossible with God. 

If you think about it Eli, has two big hurdles in the next two weeks.  First is a urodynamics test which will check his bladder, bowel, kidneys, etc.   It will look for reflux and will help us know what we need to do to keep his kidneys healthy.  He will have his first MRI the following week and that will let the docs know exactly what is going on in that little head.  I must admit that I will be glad to get this all behind us.  I am praying for healthy kidneys with normal pressure and stable ventricles. 



 Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

The Kinards! said...

Will continue to pray for him!! Your children are all beautiful!! Glad ya'll had a Happy Thanksgiving!