Monday, November 21, 2011

Eli's 4 month update

 Our little guy is four months (and some change...mommy is very late posting this).  
 At four months you weighed 13 lbs 6 oz.  You were 23 1/2 inches.  You have been doing some good growing and it is hard to believe how much you have grown since your arrival at 34 weeks.
 You are the best little guy.  You nurse 5-6 times a day and sleep from about 8pm until 6ish.  You are so easy going and laid back.  You rarely cry unless it is time to eat or you are overly tired.
 You love your big sissy's!!  They provide a lot of entertainment for you.
 Oh, and they are a tad bit CRAZY over you!!  Eliza has recently started calling you ( E-lie Ma-shoo)...that would be Eli Matthew!!  She still pronounces it with a short E! 

You like to sit up in the bumbo seat now.  Your PT said this was good practice.  You are getting close to being able to tripod sit.

 We have worked really hard to gain this head/neck strength.  We are so proud of you!
 You really like watching TV!!  You must be a boy!  Your hair is growing.  It looks like it will be strawberry blonde.
 Eli, I am so glad God gave you to us.  Your mommy is so proud of you!
Eli is doing really well.  We had another head check last week and thankfully his head growth got back on his old growth curve after a jump the month before.  I prayed and prayed and begged the Lord for this and I truly feel that He answered.  We have another check next week at our second spina bifida clinic day. He is scheduled to have an MRI in December.  I am not looking forward to him having to be put to sleep (the thought makes me want to cry, yet I know this is part of our reality). 

He will also have his first urodynamics test next week.  I am a somewhat anxious to find out what his little bladder and bowel are doing.  I am thankful that we have had four months of not cathing, but I am preparing myself for this possibility.

Happy four months sweet boy!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Gosh, he is cute as he can be, and so strong! It is really awesome he can hold his head up like that and sit in the bumbo seat. And his feet look great. Love the hair, dude!

julie said...

Julie! Oh my goodness! He is SO A.DOR.A.BLE! I'm so glad he's doing well! I hope mommy is too!

Heather said...

He is such a beautiful baby! His legs are looking great, and I'm so glad to hear about his head :) Praying for continued miracles in his life!

Anonymous said...

His feet look awesome- oh yeah - so does the rest of him, but I was immediately struck at how good his feet look!!

Everything looks great!