Thursday, October 27, 2011

Learning

This year has by far been the hardest of my entire life.  This season of difficulty has rocked our world, shaken us to the core, challenged us at every angle and yet we are making it.  In the midst of this hard year I feel like the Lord has been whispering truths into my life.  Truths that He keeps bringing to my mind over and over, truths that are helping me through. 
1. I love you.
2.  I am with you.
3.  Don't worry about tomorrow, today has enough!
4.  It is okay to let go of some relationships.
5.  You cannot please everyone, and that is okay.
6.  It is okay to let go of your dreams and plans for you life. 
7.  A healthy child is not a sign of my favor as an unhealthy child is not a sign of my displeasure.
8.  Relax, when things are stressful and kids are screaming and shoes are flying...breathe and stay calm..perhaps even laugh!!
9.  Those who are in need are the ones who get to experience my provision.
10.  There are seasons when it is okay to "sit out."  Seasons when taking a break is okay.

I wanted to take a few minutes to jot these down today. 

4 comments:

Jenilee said...

those are amazing things... I'm learning many of them myself!

Cameron said...

You, Kevin, and your three little e's are in my prayers daily, Julie! You are doing an amazing job.

Heather said...

Amen! Hang in there and know that many prayers go out on your behalf.

Carla (Choosing His Joy) said...

Hi,
I read carissa's blog and she linked to yours today when she revealed your beautiful family in the picture she took!

I have been reading every post and identify with you in many ways, even though the details of the circumstances are different.

I had to stop and comment when I read this post because it just brought me to tears...it was just what I needed to read this morning and I love how the Lord uses others and their blogs to speak right to our hearts.

Do you have a post that tells the whole story? I am thinking not because you're currently in it...but I would love to know more so I will keep reading.

My husband had an accident and suffered a very severe traumatic brain injury 11 years ago but we still struggle with it today. My 6 year old son has had 2 life-threatening conditions since birth, my daughter has a more mild but chronic medical condition, and I am really sick (the mom).

I have something progressive and systemic that is affecting my nerves and muscles among many others...I am waiting on a muscle biopsy to find out what it is....but I also have one of the diseases my son has.

But I, like you, seek HIS JOY in all things. This is why I read your blog in tears....joyful tears that you live for Him, love Him, and find your joy in Him, but also sad tears from someone who understands the heartache and the anxiety and learning what it means to purposely shift your gaze towards the Lord sometimes every moment of everyday just to get through. I say sad, but really it's a joyful thing to learn to trust Him more...but it never comes without tears!

I am praying for you guys...if you want to read our stories, they are written and organized at the top of my blog. www.mastomama.com/

and I happen to be a blog designer; I would LOVE to give you a free blog makeover--one where someone else can make it look just the way you want while you're with your babies...with your new photos....and one that can make your story easily accessible to all those who visit so that they may be inspired to trust the Lord more.

My design site is: www.mastomamadesigns.com/

You can pick out whatever you want at no charge.

and my email address is tccgorecki@cox.net

Let me know if you'd like the makeover--there are absolutely no strings attached.

If not, that's okay too--I hope you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Carla (Masto Mama)