Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cooking

So I really don't cook very much! That was my New Year's resolution for this year to become a better cook! I did great until the end of Feburary! We were even having candlelight dinners...I had a menu and we were eating great! But, I am back into my old rut! I am the kind of cook that has to have a plan. I hope to oneday be able to whip a meal together...as my mom does but for now I have to have a recipe and a plan. I did have to take a meal to a couple in our S.S. class who recently had a new baby...and I made a meal I really liked and it was super easy! I thought I might share! So easy!

Southwestern Chicken Skillet

Cut up two chicken breast and put in skillet with about a Tablespoon of oil. Cover and cook about 4 min or until done. (I took the lid off and let it brown a little..I am always a little worried about under cooking my chicken)

Remove Chicken and 2 cups of water, a bag of frozen corn and a jar of salsa! Let it come to a boil.

Add two cups of Minute brown rice, stir and cover. Let the water absorb. About 5 min.

Add your chicken in and top with Mexi cheese and let it melt. I added alot!



Spanish Corn Bread (I really liked this) pg. 51 of the CBC cookbook

2C self-rising cornmeal
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp.baking soda
3 eggs
1 c. milk
1 can cream style corn
1 onion chopped
2 jalapeno peppers
1/3c. oil
(I added 1 chopped red bell pepper too!)

mix and cook on 400 until golden brown
This recipe made a lot!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi, I just read your comment on Angie Smith's blog and it really resonated with me, especially the part about how people moved on after the death of your son, but life seemed at a standstill for you. That was so true for both me and my husband for a looooong time. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone!
In Christ,
Mary Franks