Sunday, June 17, 2012

Catch Up

1.  I have been avoiding my blog.  Life has been busy, busy and it takes more brain action than I have most days to sit down and write!

2.  Speaking of brain cells, some days I wonder if I have any left.  The other day I was trying to write February, and for the life of me I couldn't spell it.  Was is (Febuary or February)??  I knew that I knew how to spell it, or at least I did at one time, but I couldn't for the life of me remember.  I think this is why I go to Target with a list in hand and still forget to pick up that one needed item. 

3.  I used to not mind a quick trip to Target.  In fact, if I forgot something, no biggie...I could always pick it up later.  Nowadays, a trip to Target or any store to be honest, requires energy and patience of the supernatural kind.

4.  Eli is now 11 months.  I must admit that I feel a bit cheated.  In my mind, he shouldn't be one until the end of August, yet due to his early arrival it is almost here.  I feel like I should get those extra six weeks back!

5.  I was looking at some of his tiny baby pictures the other day and I'd give anything to go back now and hold that little sweetie again.  I was so, so scared that I feel like I missed out on a lot of it. I wish I could get a do over now, knowing how much I'd love that little guy after a year. 

6.  We had a garage sale a few weeks ago and I sold my baby stuff.  I had a little breakdown night before as I got it all together.  Each little outfit, burp rag, etc. held a specific memory to me.  They were just items to others, but to me they were so special.  Yes, I do believe I have attachment issues.  I let it go.  It feels good...I think. 

7. We have been going to the beach at least once a week.  Since we didn't get to go last summer due to our situation, I have been trying my best to enjoy it this summer.  It is so much work to get us all there, back home, and cleaned up, but it is a great way to wear some busy bodies out!

8.  One year ago today I was sitting in a hospital room that I'd be stuck in for the next 30 days.  Kev was laying in the bed beside me.  He had been in a major head on collision after leaving the hospital to go home to take a shower and see our girls.  There was a fatality involved but thankfully he walked away very bruised, cut, swollen and sore.  I had never ever in my life been so thankful to see him when he walked back into my hospital room that evening after spending the afternoon and evening down in the trauma center.  What a day!

9.  And one final catch up...Our baby can CRAWL!!  Like, on all fours moving legs crawl.  I am very proud of him. A few months ago I wondered if we would ever get here.  It has been such a slow progression and lots of work.  Now on to bigger and harder things, like standing! 

No comments: