Monday, November 29, 2010

Catching Up

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family and yummy food.  We always do Thanksgiving with Kev's family around lunch and my family around dinner.  We spaced it out a little more this year and we all got a good nap, and were ready for round 2.  I always think of how blessed we are that we have the problem of getting to eat so much good food in one day.  What some might give to walk a day in my shoes. 

Kev has had 5 days off and it has been wonderful.  It seems like we are constantly in a go-go-go pace that we rarely have much down time.  We actually sat on our couches for a little bit and watched some TV.  I enjoy and appreciate his time at home more and more as the years go by. 

I shopped the crazy Black Friday sales at a time my of day that I only meet once a year, 4:15am.  My alarm was set to for 3:00am to be ready to meet my mom at 3:45.  Kev said he told me to get up, but obviously I didn't hear him because my mom called my cell phone at 3:45 and woke me up!  I did manage to get a few really good deals...but it is more of a tradition than anything.  It is part of our Thanksgiving and I look forward to it every year.

Friday night and Saturday we spent decorating our house for Christmas.  I love decorating for Christmas!!! I remember as a little girl, I always wanted to grow-up, live in a log cabin in the mountains and decorate my whole house for Christmas!  I do love the decorating but goodness gracious it is a lot of work and makes such a mess in the process.  I do love the outcome though! 

Hopefully I can get back to blogging and life can take a slower pace through December...at least I am hoping so!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I wish I could have joined you. Maybe next year I'll be joining the crew again! :) Looking forward to hanging out in a couple of weeks!

Hailey Burns said...

Post pics of your CMas decor!