Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Look Back and a Look ahead!!

January-We celebrated Samuel's 3rd Birthday in heaven and
found out we were pregnant again which came as a big surprise!

February-We decked in red and pink and
braced ourselves as we waited for our little one to grow.

March-We visited Disney for the first time and
played at the park.

April-We finally shared our good news at 16
weeks that we were pregnant!

May-We went to the beach...not nearly enough!

June-It got hot...and mommy grew!

July-We were busy preparing for miss eliza...mommy
sewing and daddy painting!

August-mommy got put on bedrest...and we couldn't wait
for eliza to arrive!

September-so richly blessed by this healthy
bundle of cuteness!

October-We celebrated another Birthday!

November-We feasted and were thankful as we
survived a rough season of sickness!

December-We enjoyed a blessed Christmas with our
two girls!

I am naturally a planner and organizer and sometimes drive myself and others crazy. This is the way God wired me and I enjoy making list, crossing off lists, making goals and keeping my ducks in a row. As I reflect back on 2009 there are many things I can cross off my list...yet so many more things I want and seek to accomplish.
2009 was a blessed and yet difficult year at times. We started the year by finding out we were pregnant again right on the tail of a miscarriage. My doctor didn't even believe it was true and at 5 weeks we had a major scare and thought for sure this pregnancy too was ending...yet God had other plans for miss eliza. This year was more difficult as a mother. I found it challenging to be pregnant and HOT while caring for a toddler. I also found it challenging as my sweet and compliant baby turned into a toddler who had a mind of her own. I struggled to find my way as a mom in disciplining and being patient. I still have a lot to learn in this area. Kev took a much needed break in teaching Sunday School on a full-time basis and devoted more time to school work. He always seems to stay really busy!
This year was so blessed as we watched my belly grow and also watched our ella grow. It seems she went from a baby in Jan. to a big girl in December. She learned so much this year and talks all the time. She constantly entertains us with what she says and does.
My goals for 2010 are to read through my One Year Bible! This was my goal for 2009 and I was consistent through March and stopped! I really sense my need to be in God's Word on my own daily! I struggle in this area and want to experience God in a new and real way in 2010.
I also want to get outside more. I am not naturally and outside person. I am not sure why because I do like being outside! I want to get my girls outside (in the backyard, on walks, to the pool and to the park) more this year than I did last year! I think we need us more Vitamin D!!!
As a family I would like kevin and I to go on more dates and to spend time praying together...not just before a meal. I also want us to visit the Children's museum and the aquarium!
What are your goals for 2010?

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

I am going to work on the one year bible as well. I too started it last year but found it overwhelming... I am so in love wiht God's word that I am going to keep trying though! you can do it! :) I will be trying as well.